Sunday, January 3, 2016

Unwellness... Aka CFS, infections, reflux and a cold... All at once.

As I posted on the ME/CFS page on face book...

So today is day three of spending nearly all day at home, either in bed or on the couch, coughing and spluttering, constant reflux, a uti, another infection and stupid chronic fatigue symptoms... Adding to that just about losing my voice so I cam barely sing, when it's been my one thing that's been improving the last six months... since I had surgery just to get a little abcess out of my lower back. I've deteriorated since.

My diet is as balanced as it can be, I try to balance my energy out puts on different days and still not getting any better, but worse.

I've been doing the stretches the physio has given me which have helped to a degree... It's taken the numbness away from my left leg that I had for a few months, though it too returns when it wants.

In the last three days, I've only been able to go out to the doctors once, go to a church service each day, but barely able to seem well and have one cuppa with a friend. Nice start to 2016.

I'm usually a high energy, able to do anything person. I used to have a 'stomach of steel' and eat just about anything. I used to be strong. Used to be able to do so much more. I usually love keeping my house as clean as possible... Now I struggle even with dishes, and I love washing dishes! So frustrating. Tried opening a medicine bottle earlier... And couldn't. Frustrating.

I know I'm not the only one, and thanks to groups like this I know there are others who understands what this is like.

Who ever puts these pages together, thank you from the bottom of my heart, or from all of it really. The support and others stories really help... And especially the Catholic lady who posted the other day.

Thank you thank-you thank you!

God bless

...and my comment underneath...

And all of this doesn't include the migraines I get on a daily basis.


This stupid illness has prevented me from working my normal hours at work, attending one of my best friend's wedding, studying, having a normal social life, being able to do anything normally.

I do keep trying though... I'm not a giver upper.

When God wants me better, He will make me better. I know that.
This and the following four photos (but not the second last and the last one) were taken less than 10 minutes ago.





This last one is of me when I'm suffering from really bad reflux that wasn't responding to medications but that day wasn't a crash day... That photo was taken on the Monday just gone.


Taken just now 


No comments:

Post a Comment